The information will be updated as needed, so please check this page frequently.
The Entrance Ceremony for the Fall Semester of the University of Tsukuba for AY 2021, originally scheduled to be held on September 30, 2021(Thursday) has been canceled to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Our program will conduct the Orientation for new students in order to provide the necessary information for your new student life.
Date and Time: September 30, 2021 (Thursday)
1:30-2:30 pm (Japan Time)
Participation Method: Online (Synchronous) using Microsoft Teams *
* Note: If you cannot join the Orientation due to time difference or unstable Internet access, a video of the orientation will be available on the Stream platform. (Refer to “③The method for watching the orientation video”).
- ①Settings for participating in the Orientation
- STEP01: Offce365 EES advantages Sign-in
- Check your UT email address and sign in at the Microsoft website
・You must use your UT account.
You will not be able to participate in the Orientation with any account other than your UT account.
・Your email address is“UTID-NAME @u.tsukuba.ac.jp”.
(A student’s UTID-NAME is “s” + last 7 digits of the Student ID Number.)
You can know your Student ID from “Unified Authentication System password” card sent to you by email.
・Please note that your Microsoft password is different from your UT “Unified Authentication System” password.
(About Offce365 EES)
- STEP02: Setting up the Teams Application
- You can participate in the Orientation by using the web-based app for Microsoft Teams, or by downloading and installing the appropriate app for your platform (Teams is available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android). We recommend downloading and installing the application.
After signing in, download and install Office on your device from here (https://login.microsoftonline.com/)
(How to use Office after signing up (signing in))
- ②The method for attending the Orientation (Synchronous)
- Select the team “2021 Fall HASS Orientation” , and click “Join” before starting time of the orientation.
Note: Please respect online etiquette by muting your microphone when joining and attending online classes. If you have concerns about your Internet access speed, we recommend turning off your video as well.
- ③The method for watching the video of Orientation
- The orientation video will be available via Stream until Thursday, October 14, 2021.
Click the link below.
(The video will be uploaded on October 1)
- manaba (Learning Management System)*
- This system has course pages for each class, where you can watch videos and materials from the classes. Detailed instructions and assignment submission for each course may also be done through this system.
Note: You will not receive credit unless you register for TWINS; please do not register only for manaba.
- TWINS (Educational Information System)*
- This system enables students to register for classes and view their grades.
- KdB (Curriculum Development Support System)
- This system enables students to search for and view course syllabi and information on all classes.
If you have any questions about how to participate in the orientation, please contact us at the email address below.
Graduate School Affairs,
Academic Service Office for the Humanities and Social Sciences Area
* Note: Please replace # with @
1. Graduate School Handbook
The Graduate School Handbook contains important information about student life, such as the academic calendar, general guide to academic courses and registration, procedures for changing your student record such as leave of absence, tuition fees, etc.
(Graduate School Handbook)
2.How to Take Online Courses
The following is a brief description of the three systems that are especially important for taking online courses and orientations. For how to use each system, please refer to the ICT Guide
*In order to use the above systems (manaba and TWINS), you need your initial password card for "Unified Authentication System."
For more information, please check Online class guidance.
(Online class guidance)
3. Distribution Materials for New Graduates Students
There are distribution materials from the university for all new students*.
You can get them from the following URL under “Graduate Schools.”
*Note: Some of the materials are in Japanese only.
(Orientation for the Fall Semester)